2014 is on track to be a healthier year for our state.
Earlier this week I had the pleasure of spending time at the Oregon Health Plan customer service center where I talked with our staff who are answering phones and opening mail from people wanting to enroll in OHP through "fast-track." I'm deeply impressed by how workers and managers at the service center are handling this process. Everywhere I went, staff were proud of their work and excited to talk about the people they were able to get enrolled into OHP.
I'm also pleased to report that we have logged 62,000 fast-track responses as of this morning. Coverage will begin for these new enrollees on January 1, 2014.
Response to the fast-track enrollment option continues to be high. Letters and phone calls come in every day, and I will update you on totals on a weekly basis.
PEBB Open Enrollment reminder
October 31 is an important deadline for the health and pocketbooks of state employees. That's the deadline for open enrollment for 2014 benefits.
I encourage everyone not to wait until the last minute to choose a health plan and to complete a health assessment with the plan of your choice. Don't miss out on the opportunity to receive $17.50 as an incentive for completing your health assessment ($35.00 if your spouse does, too).
Here's more information about how to complete open enrollment:
- Enroll in PEBB benefits at https://pebb.benefits.oregon.gov. PEBB member services: Call 503-373-1102 Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - noon; 1-5 p.m.; email firstname.lastname@example.org. On Wednesday and Thursday, next week the member services line will have extended hours:
- Wednesday, October 30, the helpline will be taking calls from 8 a.m. - noon and from 1 - 8p.m.
- Thursday, October 31, the helpline will be taking calls from 8 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. - midnight.
- Complete your Providence Personal Health Assessment. MyProvidence Help Desk: Call 503-216-6463 or 877-5MY-PROV (877-569-7768).
- Complete your Kaiser Total Health Assessment.
Kaiser Help Desk: Call 800-556-7677 Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Halloween Costume Competition
This year's competition for best costumes promises to be exciting. Don't miss it! Join us in the Human Services Building lobby on Thursday, October 31, at noon. I'll be participating as a judge along with other OHA and DHS leaders. It's always a great time that shows off the tremendous creativity of our OHA and DHS employees.